Thanks to the poet Peter Roseggerstraße and by his own donations and poetry readings the Forest School could be opened in Alpl 28 September 1902. The foundation stones for the new forest school were laid only on 5 May 1902. For the inauguration guests came from near and far (to name a few: Fam Roseggerstraße , William Lienhardt - former Regional school - sculptor Hans Brandstätter , Mayor Anton Habersack , ...) and the key to Forest School was presented by Peter Roseggerstraße the mayor , who passed it to the teacher.
The peasant children thanked with flowers at Peter Roseggerstraße for the gift of this new school , because " more unfortunately we did not ," were her words of gratitude .Previously, it has never been in this community a school .In 1848 came an old school teacher , and made the proposal for board and roof to want to teach the peasant children . His name was Michael Patterer . He learned to read and write the Alpler peasant children .He lived in a small house on the mountainside, where he also died in 1857 alone .
When birthplace rise can take a side path leading into the forest to Patterer - shrine which marks the site of the little house where he once lived .On 6 October 1902 were already taught 23 children. They were the first Forest schoolmaster Leopold Kramar care . Peter Roseggerstraße was thinking about what would happen if the school would no longer be frequent by children. He took the following together 31 December 1901 together. " The school is owned by the municipality Krieglach Should Alpl the school even be unnecessary, as the school building is to be made subservient to any other good way to favor the Alpler , or if such should no longer be present , too. Benefit of the whole community laugh war - but always only for teaching purposes ( is ) to use the proceeds " .